Stochastic analysis 2021 2022
Lecturers and Seminarists
About the course
This page contains materials for Stochastic Analysis course in 2021/2022 year, mandatory one for 1st year Master students of the Statistical Learning Theory program (HSE and Skoltech).
The final grade consists of 3 components (each is non-negative real number from 0 to 10, without any intermediate rounding) :
- OHW for the hometasks
- OMid-term for the midterm exam
- OExam for the final exam
The formula for the final grade is
- OFinal = 0.3*OHW + 0.3*OMid-term + 0.4*OExam + 0.1*OBonus HW
with the usual (arithmetical) rounding rule.
Recommended literature (1st term)
- http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~james/Markov/ - Cambridge lecture notes on discrete-time Markov Chains
- https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-319-97704-1 - book by E. Moulines et al, you are mostly interested in chapters 1,2,7 and 9 (book is accessible for download through HSE network)
- https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-319-62226-2 - Stochastic Calculus by P. Baldi, good overview of conditional probabilities and expectations (part 4, also accessible through HSE network)
- https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-1-4419-9634-3 - Probability for Statistics and Machine Learning by A. Dasgupta, chapter 19 (MCMC), also accessible through HSE network