Discrete Mathematics 2 DSBA 2022/2023
This page contains basic information for the course Discrete Mathematics 2 in 2022/2023 academic year at Bachelor’s Programme 'HSE and University of London Double Degree Programme in Data Science and Business Analytics' (DSBA).
The homeworks are given every week for a week period. The problems with stars are bonus problems bringing you extra points. They can be passed during the two week after the class. To pass the HWs, please, join the Google Class with the the code of your group
|Google Class code||aipuy6f||zdvhdoj||bbbn4t7||pk3wyea|
Professors and assistants
The lecturer of the course in 2022 fall term is Boris Radislavovich Danilov (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Teachers||Boris Danilov||Anastasia Trofimova||Boris Danilov|
|Assistants||Daria Ivanova||Andrey Pomerantsev||Andrey Kotuchov||Ivan Skvortsov|
|Lecturer’s assistant||Elizaveta Osipova|
The schedule of the homework defenses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNM5JocVDouuNQseMw5Ku1JcmqmkEuPvW6IwP73huRY/edit#gid=0
- Presentation lecture 1 (updated 27.IX)
- Presentation lecture 2
- Presentation lecture 3
- Presentation lecture 4
- Presentation lecture 5 (updated! 11.X)
- Presentation lecture 6 (updated 30.X)
- Presentation lecture 7 (updated 15.XI)
- Presentation lecture 8 (updated 20.XI)
- Presentation lecture 9 (to be updated)
Classwork and homework
- Classwork and homework 1
- Classwork and homework 2
- Classwork and homework 3 (updated! 20.IX)
- Classwork and homework 4
- Classwork and homework 5 (updated! 05.X)
- Classwork and homework 6 (typo fix in homework exercise 4 19.X, pass exercise 4 with homework 7)
- Classwork and homework 7 (updated! 19.X)
- Classwork and homework 8 (update 8.XI: exercise 6 made starred)
- Classwork and homework 9 (update 9.XI)
- Classwork and homework 10 (update 22.XI, pass exercises 5-8 with homework 11)
- Classwork and homework 11 (update 28.XI)
- Classwork and homework 12 (update 7.XII)
- Classwork and homework 13 (update 14.XII)
- Classwork 14 (demo)
Midterm test is held on November, 9 from 9.30 to 10.50 in room R201.
The time for writing the test is 80 minutes. During the test it is allowed to use written (printed) materials. It is not allowed to use digital devices.
The online part of the test is held at the same time and date as it's offline part through the zoom conference (link is distributed in the telegram chat and google classrooms assignments).
The display of works is planned for November, 22 from 12.30 to 13.30 (the room is to be specified later).
Midterm retake is held on December, 5 from 18.10 to 19.30 in room R306.
Rules for the retake repeat the rules for the midterm itself. Anybody can write the retake, but if you do then only the score from the retake will be taken into the account. However it is possible see the variant and during the first 10-15 minutes decide if you are participating in the retake or keeping the score gained previously.
The online part of the retake is held at the same time and date as it's offline part through the zoom conference (link is distributed in the telegram chat).
Exam is held in written form (written test) on December, 23 from 16.00 to 18.00 in rooms R405, R407, R505.
The time for writing the exam is 120 minutes. During the exam it is allowed to use written (printed) materials. It is not allowed to use digital devices.
The online part of the exam is held at the same time and date as it's offline part through the zoom conference (link is distributed in the telegram chat and google classrooms assignments).
The display of works is planned on Monday December, 26 from 14.00 to 17.00 room D501.
Exam First Retakes
The first retake only takes place if student’s grade for the course is unsatisfactory. Rules for the first retake repeat the rules for the exam itself.
- First retake (first date) date is January, 16 10.00.
- First retake (second date) date is January, 21 10.00.
Exam Retake With Examination Board
The retake with examination board only takes place if student’s grade is still unsatisfactory after the first retake. The new formula is used to calculate grade for the course: <CG> = round( 0.8 * <SRG > + 0.2 * <HA> ), where <SRG> is the exam retake with examination board score. The retake with examination board contains exercises for all parts of the course.
- Retake with an examination board date is January, 26 13.00
Grade <CG> for the course is determined by the formula:
<CG> = min(10, round( 0.25 * <HA> + 0.15 * <QZ> + 0.3 * <MT> + 0.3 * <FT>),
where <HA>, <QZ>, <MT>, <FT> are grades for interim assessment activities:
- <HA> - Homework assignments
- <QZ> - Quizzes (small control works on seminars)
- <MT> - Midterm test
- <FT> - Final test (exam)
All grades <HA>, <QZ>, <MT>, <FT> are rational numbers between 0 and 20; grade above 10 is considered "bonus score" for "starred" exercises.
Rounding in the formula means rounding to the nearest integer, tie-values are rounded up.